Translate

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Vendetta Progress - weathering continues



Another quick post I am throwing up as I work through my back log of content that I have been meaning to get up on the site. . .Just some quick snaps further along on the Vendetta. 



As you can see the progress is starting to come together. I still have to weather the other side of the plane and the underside. Then there is detail work, the cockpit, and some finishing touches, so far from done. However it's always nice to show some progress on these larger models to hopefully inspire some of you, and to keep me motivated at the same time. =) 

Thoughts and Feedback are welcome. 

3 comments:

  1. Man this beast is looking good!

    So gritty, so dirty. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks great! How long did you spend on this from start to finish? Not sure I'd have the patience to make it look this good, even if I had the skill (which, I probably don't haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, I would say the process takes about 25 to 30 minutes per side of the vehicle for the weathering. Before that it's just primer, base coat sprayed on, then a wash before you start weathering.

      I would do just one side at a time then take a break so I don't get burned out personally. It's actually a very simple and easy process once you get a method down after the initial playing with the powders to get the result you want. I may do a tutorial when I do the next vehicle.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...