Translate

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The New Guy: Introductions

Hello!  My name is Dan, AKA Captain Loon, and I have finally convinced Drkmorals to allow me to attempt some blogging on this here fine site.  This is my first journey into the electronic writing world, so I’m sure I’ll be learning things as I go.  I started playing Warhammer 40k right about a year ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since.  I’ll be up front with you from the start…I’m not in this hobby for the painting or the models, I leave that to the experts.  I like strategy games, so my posts will focus almost exclusively on the tactical side of our game.

I live in Cincinnati, and I make my living doing health statistics and data management (more or less).  My first army, and the one I love the most, are Blood Angels.  However, I’ve also picked up Grey Knights, Necrons, and Dark Angels on the way.  And with the introduction of allies in 6th edition, I also dabble in Space Marines, Chaos, and Tau (which may become a full blown army with the new codex).  And I’m debating starting Eldar.

Yes, that’s a lot of armies.  Believe me… my wife thinks I’m crazy too.

 Kinda like this guy

My goal when I started this hobby (aside from having fun) was to be able to play in a tournament within one year.  I’m proud to say I was able to do that!  My first contribution to this blog will be a chronicle of my first foray into the tournament scene, complete with theory-crafting, battle reports, and discussions on my tactical choices.  I encourage everyone to follow along with me and armchair quarterback this trip to your heart’s content.   Feel free to point out any mistakes I’ve made along the way!  I’m always open to becoming a better player and I love the feedback.

The next time you hear from me, we’ll be diving right in the deep-end on my first contribution….

…The Road to CAG-Bash.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing your story. I myself paint to play as well and am all about the strategy game also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot the ranks of emperors codex grow, soon our numbers will allow us to destroy the tri state area!!! ...or have fun and blog about gaming.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...