Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

6th edition, Price increase, and PP sale

6th edition appears to be officially coming very shortly. We have heard the endless whispers of it on the horizon, seen multiple "could be leaks" of rules that might be 6th? Then if you look around the interwebs you know that they have officially pulled the 5th edition rulebook. So unless you think they will be just releasing the same 5th edition book only now with a FINECAST cover and triple the cost, I think it is pretty safe to say that 6th edition is almost upon us. (Unless someone reads that finecast cover idea then we may get a few month delay) Late June early July has been the whisper for some time and it appears that is one that salt miners have gotten right. I am excited for a shift in the game and meta personally.


We are also about to get a flyer update in WD. Is this a quick and shameless attempt to grab some WD sales on the back of new models before they erase the rules with 6th edition or perhaps this is a sign that 6th edition will include rules for flyers? I would guess we will see flyer's in our new rule set which I think will be a nice change to how the armies and the game works. (I could completely be wrong and hate them once I see the rules) Also it could be the flyer rules are optional like planet strike, or the tank upgrade or city fight or any other such nonsense once 6th edition comes out. Which is lame. They should go ahead and commit or not mess around with it I think. Much like FW, the models are cool but its not very often you can actually use the rules for FW models locally at events.




Speaking of Forgeworld GW is again doing its part to bridge the gap between its standard line and the Forgeworld line...well at least the prices. =P The price increase that was shocking a few years ago has now become a yearly tradition. Like clockwork the prices of everything will be going up in the range of 15 percent or so. I am sure you have seen the complaining and the prices floating around the webs. I am not going to complain but I do want to point out the humor that GW announced a price hike and PP announces a SUMMER SALE. That's right the guys behind steam punk horde and warmachine madness have special army starter box deals for the summer with free shipping no less!! (More info can be found here)I wonder if that was a always planned thing or a funny response to Games Workshop doing a price increase again? This is the part that most bloggers and people threaten to walk and then BLACK RAGE over the price hike. I won't do that I won't be bailing on the system just yet, I will be toning back my purchases and most likely won't be building any new armies only adding to what I have. I will however be looking into Warmachines and into Maulfaux or however you spell it. Both look like they could be interesting and have a player base local to me. 


So I hope 6th edition isn't SUXOR,  I hope that flyers are standard rules, and PRICE increases blow chunks like college kids during pledge week. 






6 comments:

  1. Malifaux has some sweet models. I'm still working on some. Haven't bought an opposing force yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a rule book I haven't read yet but no models. Several people I know play though and they play often at epic loot from what I understand

      Delete
  2. If 6th is 'teh sux' can I reccommend infinity for your sci fi fix ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear good things about infinity but a game has to have a local player base of some kind. Doesn't matter how cool the game is if no one is playing it around me =P I like to be able to play and go to events. I'll look into infinity though and find out if we have a local group thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. Ironic Privateer Press sale during the GW Summer price hike. How cheeky of them :3 I'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PP seems to be the next most popular and supported game system after GW so not a bad choice I think if you are looking for options

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...